Thursday, March 22, 2007

An open letter to Congressman Nick Lampson

Dear Congressman Lampson,

I am a conservative voter.  Although I usually vote Republican, I hesitate to claim party affiliation because--in my view--the only politicians worse than Republicans are Democrats. To be perfectly honest, then, it's highly unlikely that you'll ever get my vote. 

I also want to tell you that I'm a Marine veteran of Vietnam who clearly remembers how the Democratic party cut funding for South Vietnam after the Paris peace accords were signed, an act that I sincerely believe led directly to the slaughter of thousands in southeast Asia.  I also believe, sincerely, that a similar carnage would result from the premature withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq.  This bill will also--correctly--cement the reputation of Democrats as the party of appeasement.

I plead with you, therefore, to oppose the effort by Speaker Pelosi to tie war funds to a withdrawal date.  As a veteran I can state for a fact that this can only harm the morale of our troops and play into the hands of al-Qaida.

Thanks for your time,

Cliff Raymond
Sugar Land

No comments: