Thursday, April 15, 2010

'Mercury Falls'

I have a book recommendation that I’m a little hesitant about because it’s so irreverent.  In fact for a while I was worried it was going to be sacrilegious but I don’t think it ever went quite that far (I was laughing so hard I may have missed it).  It’s about the Apocalypse and it’s called “Mercury Falls”, by Robert Kroese.  Mercury is a (sort of) fallen angel, and (sort of) a Mitch Rapp or Jack Bauer with wings. (He doesn’t really have wings, but that doesn’t really matter, either.) There’s also a fat slob named Karl who wins a contest to become the Antichrist.  Plus lots of other seraphim and cherubim to keep things rolling along.

Up to now the funniest book I ever read was Don Quixote, but this one is right up there.  I pedaled my stationary bicycle for 67 minutes tonight, laughing all the way, just to finish it. You can download it to your Kindle for $2.99.  Or you can pony up $12 on Amazon for the paperback.

 

 

 

No comments: