Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Giuliani stands by support of publicly-funded abortions

CNN - Wednesday, April 04, 2007

When asked directly Wednesday if he still supported the use of public funding for abortions, Giuliani said "Yes."

As far as supporting Rudy in the primaries, he just shot himself in the ass with me and a whole lot of other Christian conservatives. It's bad enough that he's "pro-choice." Now he wants to make all of us accessories to murder. Maybe he gets an A for honesty, but I'm honest, too, and I can't honestly vote for someone who thinks like this--at least until I have no other choice.
I read a letter from a woman, I think in the Washington Times, who took issue with the charge that pro-Lifers are often single-issue voters. She made one excellent point: that single issue tells us an awful lot about how a candidate thinks and makes decisions--especially if he claims to be "personally against" abortion, which is exactly what Giuliani does in the citation above.
Remember Chesterton's words: "To admire mere choice is to refuse to choose."
If Giulani is the Republican nominee I'll more than likely vote for him. Someone else will be getting my primary vote.

No comments: